Search your language

jueves, 31 de octubre de 2013

Lunching at Colgate University

Cooking and relaxing... oh... wait

One of the payment ways contemplated in our contract with Colgate, besides from our monthly salary and our rental, comes from the so called "Colgate Meal Card", a piece of plastic with a $1000 balance per semester which allows us to have different meals in the various food places of the Campus. Today's post aims to share our adventurous meals at Frank Dinning hall, one of those indicated food places characterized by it's hazardous ingredients combinations that, to our poor european stomachs is usually a bit too much.




Stomach tension starts to appear when someone in the office says the magic words: "So guys, are you going for lunch?" ... then, peeking each other as if our sighs were broadswords, usually the girls take their time to answer... too late to suggest going somewhere else "ok, let's go to Frank"

And then, in my insides, my innocent little girl, never mature enough to learn that there are no second chances with food, agrees to go to Frank whispering to herself that today I will enjoy something, for sure.



Unfortunately, I couldn't find Colgate among the 25 Healthiest colleges in the US, which I doubt because many people here do plenty of sports and the food is not that bad... Talking about rankings, according to Forbes, Colgate is the 36th best university in the US (I am not very fond of rankings, but 36th out of 650 is a good location), so they might not have the best food, but it's pretty well balanced with the sports facilities they have.


At the entrance there is always a set up of what you can enjoy this day. I am taking pictures of it every time I go (not very often, now you will wee why) just to make some kind of collage at the end of my stay and check the variability of their offers and bear out that the order of the things does not alter the product.

Whatever, as it seems to be that people are not into reading that much, here I share with my dear observers a bunch of pictures of how it feels to have lunch at Frank dining hall.

Plenty of space for hungry students

Omelettes area
 The eggs are in a huge bucket, all of them already beaten... which is not what I was expecting when I asked for my omelette. What I have done after that is asking just for a fried egg with some veggies.

Offering every day
This is usually packed with students, but I obviously took the pictures when they were gone, otherwise you would only see people all over the place...

Left side of buffet

Hamburgers every day. I haven't try them, don't think I will...

Right side of the buffet

Sample of a burrito. (I have not tried it)

Some "green" stuff. Not tried

Pizza bar, the guy is really nice, no idea about the pizzas

Random, one day I saw TACO pizza, with chips and lettuce...

Pasta bar, you can feel students have been here.

Salad bar, the only place I take food from...

But not every day, sometimes looks weird :'(

They also have plenty of dressing, never tried them either

And you can find "olive" oil :) I like it
(and the sunflower seeds)

Sandwich - burrito, healthy bar, not bad...

You can have your own bagels if you are still hungry
(or if you couldn't find anything to eat)

There are also some radioactive fruits,
last months like this, believe me.

Milk

More milk

Loads of weird coffee, with flavors like pumpkin and so

More coffee, chocolate and water!!

And make your choice among 100 sodas

8 kinds of Fanta

4 kinds of Mello Yello Zero, no idea what this is

8 kinds of Sprite (waw)

8 kinds of powerade

6 kinds of Ginger ale

6 kinds of Lemonade

0% juice! what else?

more machines with more juices 0% juice

Desserts! cookies, cakes, muffins... you know...

There are also ice-creams

and more ice-creams

and please, leave your leftovers in the mobile tray...
The advantage of Frank being a buffet (aka all you can eat) is that at least I can take a couple of bananas for later... when they have bannanas... And well, Jean, the lady working in the cashier is just awesome.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario