Search your language

jueves, 24 de octubre de 2013

Keck Centre - Language area

After two months working at Coglate University we can say that our offices have been officially dedicated (or, re-dedicated, as said) Due to some reconstructions the office where we are working has been re-opened publicly as the new language hub at Colgate Campus in Hamilton.


The aim of today's post is to share with you, my always dear readers, the working space I am enjoying during my stay in this wonderful institution, more likely to inform next years interns from all around the work in which conditions they will develop their duties in here.


Few speeches explaining how the Keck Centre happen to be the way it is and what are the functions of the areas we have around here. Nothing new for me since I work here, but nice to know that when a new area of a building is working after some touching up, they cut a ribbon and give free food to the people coming to the meeting.

But I will leave food for the last thing, first the boring stuff.

Keck Centre guys! computers on one side for audition and some things (not fb, students here are responsible) and the whiteboard there on the right is where I actually give the Spanish workshops. 


Our office is in a private corner, behind the whiteboard, so we can organize our classes and tutoring. In my case students pick me up when we have a tutoring meeting and the tutoring itself is done in the lounge area. 
I am happy to say that I have very cool colleagues at work, all the interns have fun together and feel very confident with each other, sharing the office and living almost together makes the stay much entertaining (although we have a lot of work from time to time plus I am sometimes struggling with my Master's Thesis in architecture, but thanks them I feel happy to be here)


And yeah there was food in the dedication. Watch out my dear Spaniards, this might hurt your culinary feelings. All the interns were asked for some typical dishes from our countries so people in the dedication would enjoy food from our places.

We had to send an email to the cook explaining how to make our suggestions. I though "tortilla de patata" was gonna be kind of OK and I did my best to make sure the instructions were clear (I even sent a video to the cook). Well, I must have done something wrong with the explanations because this was the ressult...


After such a shock, I tried to take some pictures of the other suggestions but people started going to the table where the food was and there was no way I could do such a thing.


On the other hand I had some space to check the giant cupcakes. The color of the picture is 100% real.


I would have never imagined that there was eatable glitter.
Do they have organic version? I must search, I can't wait to make some sparkling veggies soup.



2 comentarios:

  1. Respuestas
    1. Para la siguiente les he sugerido hacer salmorejo... veremos con qué nos sorprenden! :)

      Eliminar